Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken with Pineapple
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) chicken cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup(s) cornstarch
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/3 cup(s) white vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoon(s) soy sauce gluten-free if desired
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic minced
- 1 can(s) pineapple in juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut chicken into cubes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dip chicken into cornstarch to coat, then dip into the egg.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and cook chicken until browned.
- Place the chicken in a greased baking dish. Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl with a whisk and then pour evenly over the chicken, using about half the pineapple juice.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, turning the chicken a few times. While chicken is cooking, prepare rice.
- [Adapted from a recipe on Mel's Kitchen Cafe]
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RobynG and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note