Baked Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows
- 6 small sweet potatoes (about 4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows or 10 to 12 large marshmallows (cut into quarters)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400º. Wash and scrub potatoes, and wrap individually in foil while still slightly damp. Place potatoes directly on oven rack; bake at 400º for about 1 hour or until tender. Remove from oven; allow to cool slightly before removing foil.
- 2. Cut a 3-inch slit in top of each potato, and push together at both ends. Add about 1 teaspoon butter to each, and press down into flesh of potatoes. Add sea salt and pepper; top each with 5 to 6 miniature marshmallows. Place on a baking sheet, and bake at 400° for 5 to 8 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown and slightly melted. Serve warm with additional butter, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables