Baked Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows
This is my updated version on the classic sweet potato casserole with marshmallows. I recommend one small potato per person, but with a meal like Thanksgiving, you could get by with less (unless no one wants to share--we understand). Prep: 10 minutes; Bake: 1 hour 5 minutes.
- 6 small sweet potatoes (about 4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows or 10 to 12 large marshmallows (cut into quarters)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400º. Wash and scrub potatoes, and wrap individually in foil while still slightly damp. Place potatoes directly on oven rack; bake at 400º for about 1 hour or until tender. Remove from oven; allow to cool slightly before removing foil.
- 2. Cut a 3-inch slit in top of each potato, and push together at both ends. Add about 1 teaspoon butter to each, and press down into flesh of potatoes. Add sea salt and pepper; top each with 5 to 6 miniature marshmallows. Place on a baking sheet, and bake at 400° for 5 to 8 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown and slightly melted. Serve warm with additional butter, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note