Was a little leary of trying this due to the sweet potatoes but not to worry...outstanding! I don't understand the reviews that say it's "bland". Great flavor!!
Baked Sweet-and-Savory Mashed Potatoes
- 3 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon salt, divided
- 1 (29-ounce) can sweet potatoes in syrup, drained and mashed
- 1 (8-ounce) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: crumbled bacon
- Bring potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, and water to cover to a boil in a Dutch oven; cook 30 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Return potatoes to Dutch oven. Add sweet potatoes and cream cheese; mash until smooth with a potato masher. Stir in bacon, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 2 teaspoons salt. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables