- 3 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon salt, divided
- 1 (29-ounce) can sweet potatoes in syrup, drained and mashed
- 1 (8-ounce) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: crumbled bacon
How to Make It
Bring potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, and water to cover to a boil in a Dutch oven; cook 30 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Return potatoes to Dutch oven. Add sweet potatoes and cream cheese; mash until smooth with a potato masher. Stir in bacon, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 2 teaspoons salt. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Garnish, if desired.