baked Summer Vegetables
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 eggplants, medium peeled and cubed
- 4 zucchini, small 1/2 in cubes
- 2 onions coarsely chopped
- 2 red bell peppers cut in 3/4 inch dice
- 2 green bell peppers cut in 13/4 inch dice
- 28 ounce(s) crushed tomatoes w/puree undrained
- 6 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) pesto sauce
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. (280 on convect roast). Spray a large casserole with PAM.
- Mix vegetables together or layer into casserole. Pour in the crush tomatoes and puree. Toss to mix along with either basil pesto or sun-dried tomatoe pesto. If using black olives toss those in also. If the mixture seems too dry, add another can of crushed tomatoes and adjust the spices accordingly. Drizzle with olive oil, or for a low-fat version, omit the extra oil.
- Bake 2 1/2 to 3 hours covered. If too watery, remove the cover and continue baking until thickened.
- Serving Ideas: To use as a side dish, serve as is. For a main dish, make a batch of brown rice. Layer rice, vegetables and mozzarella cheese in a dish and bake until heated through and the cheese is gooey and browned.
- It's also good over baked potatoes.
- Finally, you can turn it into a soup by adding chicken broth and some pasta.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by harpette and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
baked Summer Vegetables Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables