- 8 medium-size yellow squash
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- About 2/3 cup cracker crumbs
- Grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Wash squash; cook in boiling salted water to cover 10 to 12 minutes or until tender but still firm. Drain, and cool slightly.
Trim off stems, and cut squash in half lengthwise. Remove and reserve pulp, leaving a firm shell.
Combine next 8 ingredients with squash pulp; stir well. Gradually add cracker crumbs until mixture holds together.
Place squash shells in an ungreased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish. Spoon stuffing evenly into shells; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.