Baked Stuffed Pork Chops
- 1 (6 1/2-ounce) package commercial cornbread mix
- 6 baked biscuits
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 (1 1/2-inch-thick) pork loin chops, cut with pockets
- Honey Glaze
- Prepare cornbread according to package directions; remove cornbread from skillet, and cool on wire rack
- Crumble cornbread and biscuits in a large mixing bowl; stir in eggs, sage, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine onion, celery, chicken broth, and butter in a medium saucepan; cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender. Add to cornbread mixture; mix well, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste on pork chops, and heavily brown in oil on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
- Stuff pockets of pork chops with stuffing. Place remaining stuffing in a lightly greased 10- x 6- x 2-inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place pork chops in a lightly greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until tender. Baste frequently with Honey Glaze. Serve with baked stuffing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note