Baked Stuffed Pork Chops
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 (6 1/2-ounce) package commercial cornbread mix
- 6 baked biscuits
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 (1 1/2-inch-thick) pork loin chops, cut with pockets
- Honey Glaze
- Prepare cornbread according to package directions; remove cornbread from skillet, and cool on wire rack
- Crumble cornbread and biscuits in a large mixing bowl; stir in eggs, sage, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine onion, celery, chicken broth, and butter in a medium saucepan; cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender. Add to cornbread mixture; mix well, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste on pork chops, and heavily brown in oil on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
- Stuff pockets of pork chops with stuffing. Place remaining stuffing in a lightly greased 10- x 6- x 2-inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place pork chops in a lightly greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until tender. Baste frequently with Honey Glaze. Serve with baked stuffing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes