- 8 onion rolls
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 24-oz. jar marinara sauce
- 3 cups finely grated Romano, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Caesar salad dressing
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare baking sheet with foil.
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook 5-6 minutes; it should still be slightly crunchy. Cool completely by immediately rinsing the pasta in cold water. Chop into 1-inch pieces.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes, or until tender. Add 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Add marinara sauce and cook 6-8 minutes.
In a large bowl, add sauce and 2 cups of Romano to chopped pasta; mix. Cool pasta mixture in refrigerator for 8-10 minutes.
Once pasta is cool, stir in remaining cheese and form 8 patties using a 4-inch biscuit cutter. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and gently brush each patty with the beaten eggs. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Chop romaine into 1-inch pieces. Toss with grated Parmesan and Caesar salad dressing.
Top toasted onion roll with spaghetti patty, salad, and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes.