Baked Southwest Egg Rolls with Creamy Chipotle Dipping Sauce
Community Recipe from
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 Medium yellow or red onion diced
- 2 Cloves garlic minced
- 3 pound(s) Boneless chicken breast cubed
- 1 Red pepper diced
- 1 Jalapeno pepper minced
- 1 can(s) black beans rinsed & drained
- 1 bunch(es) Fresh spinach
- 1 cup(s) Frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon(s) Cumin, & Chili Powder (each)
- 1/4 cup(s) Fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt & Pepper (each)
- 2-3 cup(s) Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack & Cheddar Shredded
- 2-3 Fajita flour tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil and lightly grease with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the dipping sauce ingredients. Mix well and set aside or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a large 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add the cubed chicken breasts and peppers and cook over medium or medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the rinsed and drained black beans, spinach, corn, cilantro and seasonings. Mix well and cook until the mixture is heated through. Add the cheese and stir well, cooking, until the mixture is hot and cheese is mostly melted.
- Warm the tortillas. I place 5-6 between two damp paper towels and microwave for about 45 seconds. Place some of the filling on each tortilla and roll up tightly, egg-roll style, folding in the edges. Place seam side down on the prepared baking sheets (secure with a toothpick if needed).
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, until the rolls are lightly browned and heated through. Serve immediately with dipping sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KatieMae and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baked Southwest Egg Rolls with Creamy Chipotle Dipping Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes