Baked Snapper With Oyster Sauce
- 1 (4 1/4-pound) dressed red snapper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon salt, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 6 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) container Standard oysters, undrained
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- Rinse fish thoroughly in cold water; pat dry. Place fish in a greased shallow baking pan. Top with sliced onion, bay leaf, and 2 teaspoons salt. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- Sauté chopped onion in butter in a large skillet until tender. Add mushrooms, tomatoes, chopped parsley, thyme, remaining salt, and pepper. Cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender. Drain oysters, reserving liquid; set oysters aside. Stir oyster liquid into sauce mixture. Cover; simmer 20 minutes. Stir in oysters. Remove from heat.
- Pour sauce over fish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Transfer fish to a serving platter. Remove and discard bay leaf. Spoon sauce over fish; garnish with parsley sprigs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes