we loved it! Since my boyfriend likes (loves) spicy , i added two dash of chilli flakes to the breadcrumb mixture.. and was just perfect!
Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 364
- Fat: 16.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 37.1g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 274mg
- Iron: 5.5mg
- Sodium: 563mg
- Calcium: 140mg
- 1 (2-ounce) piece French bread baguette
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 11 ounces)
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Place bread in a food processor; pulse until fine crumbs measure 1 cup. Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, and garlic. Heat 2 teaspoons butter and 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add breadcrumb mixture; cook 3 minutes or until golden brown and garlic is fragrant, stirring frequently.
- 3. Coat 4 individual gratin dishes with remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Arrange shrimp in a single layer in dishes; sprinkle with dash of salt and dash of pepper. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup breadcrumb mixture; top with tomato slices. Sprinkle with remaining dash of salt and dash of pepper. Top with remaining 1/2 cup breadcrumb mixture; dot with remaining 2 teaspoons butter. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until the shrimp are done. Drizzle with vinegar.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note