- 1 (2-ounce) piece French bread baguette
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 11 ounces)
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- calories 364
- fat 16.5 g
- satfat 5.4 g
- monofat 7.1 g
- polyfat 2.7 g
- protein 37.1 g
- carbohydrate 16 g
- fiber 1.8 g
- cholesterol 274 mg
- iron 5.5 mg
- sodium 563 mg
- calcium 140 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Place bread in a food processor; pulse until fine crumbs measure 1 cup. Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, and garlic. Heat 2 teaspoons butter and 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add breadcrumb mixture; cook 3 minutes or until golden brown and garlic is fragrant, stirring frequently.
Coat 4 individual gratin dishes with remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Arrange shrimp in a single layer in dishes; sprinkle with dash of salt and dash of pepper. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup breadcrumb mixture; top with tomato slices. Sprinkle with remaining dash of salt and dash of pepper. Top with remaining 1/2 cup breadcrumb mixture; dot with remaining 2 teaspoons butter. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until the shrimp are done. Drizzle with vinegar.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.