Has potential. The flavors were very one dimensional. The herb orzo suggestion was okay, lacked flavor. Ok dish. I probably will not make again. The shrimp tomato feta over linguine recipe is by far a better execution of this flavor combo.
Baked Shrimp with Feta
Dig into a delicious shrimp bake topped with tomatoes and feta cheese for a company-worthy dinner in a flash. Orzo accented with fresh herbs completes this Mediterranean-inspired seafood meal.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 253
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 37.5g
- Carbohydrate: 8.1g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 271mg
- Iron: 4.7mg
- Sodium: 516mg
- Calcium: 182mg
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup prechopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons bottled clam juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Combine lemon juice and shrimp in a large bowl; toss well. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add oil to pan, swirling to coat. Add onion to pan; sauté 1 minute. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add clam juice, wine, oregano, pepper, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in shrimp mixture. Place mixture in an 11 x 7–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle cheese evenly over mixture. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until shrimp are done and cheese melts. Sprinkle with parsley; serve immediately.
- Orzo with fresh herbs: Cook 1 cup orzo pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; toss orzo with 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note