Baked Shrimp Scampi
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) Shrimp in the shell 12-15 per pound
- 3 tablespoon(s) Good olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) Dry white wine
- Salt and pepper
- 12 tablespoon(s) Unsalted butter At room temperature
- 4 teaspoon(s) Garlic Minced
- 1/4 cup(s) Shallots Minced
- 3 tablespoon(s) Parsley leaves, fresh Minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) Fresh rosemary Minced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon(s) Grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon(s) Lemon juice Freshly squeezed
- 1 Extra large egg yolk
- 2/3 cup(s) Panko
- Lemon wedges For serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Peel, devein and butterfly the shrimp leaving the tails on. Place the shrimp in a mixing bowl and toss gently with the olive oil, wine, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Allow to sit at room temperature while you make the butter and garlic mixture.
- In a small, mash the softened butter with the garlic, shallots, parsley, rosemary, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice, egg yolk and panko, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until combined.
- Starting from the outer edge of a 14 inch oval gratin dish, arrange the shrimp in a single layer cut side down with the tails curling up toward the center of the dish. Pour the remaining marinade over the shrimp. Spread the butter mixture even.y over the shrimp. Bake for 10-12 minutes until hot and bubbly. If you like the top browned, place under a broiler for 1 minute. Serve with lemon wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dswartzel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baked Shrimp Scampi Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes