Baked Shells with Three Cheeses
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 10 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 291
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Protein: 17.4g
- Carbohydrate: 38.7g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 602mg
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Calcium: 392mg
- 3 cups uncooked sea shell pasta
- 1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Asiago cheese, divided
- 2 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces light processed cheese, cubed (such as Velveeta Light)
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded light Havarti cheese
- Cooking spray
- Cook pasta in a Dutch oven according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine breadcrumbs and 1 tablespoon Asiago cheese. Set aside.
- Gradually whisk milk into flour in a medium saucepan until smooth; add butter, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Add processed cheese, whisking until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
- Stir cheese sauce, Havarti cheese, and 3 tablespoons Asiago cheese into pasta until blended. Pour into a 2-quart oval casserole coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables