Baked Shells with Three Cheeses
Baked mac-and-cheese fans will find it hard to believe this cheesy, full-flavored dish is actually light.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 291
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Protein: 17.4g
- Carbohydrate: 38.7g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 602mg
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Calcium: 392mg
- 3 cups uncooked sea shell pasta
- 1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Asiago cheese, divided
- 2 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces light processed cheese, cubed (such as Velveeta Light)
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded light Havarti cheese
- Cooking spray
- Cook pasta in a Dutch oven according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine breadcrumbs and 1 tablespoon Asiago cheese. Set aside.
- Gradually whisk milk into flour in a medium saucepan until smooth; add butter, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Add processed cheese, whisking until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
- Stir cheese sauce, Havarti cheese, and 3 tablespoons Asiago cheese into pasta until blended. Pour into a 2-quart oval casserole coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note