- 3 cups uncooked sea shell pasta
- 1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Asiago cheese, divided
- 2 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces light processed cheese, cubed (such as Velveeta Light)
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded light Havarti cheese
- Cooking spray
- calories 291
- fat 7.3 g
- satfat 4.4 g
- protein 17.4 g
- carbohydrate 38.7 g
- cholesterol 24 mg
- iron 1.5 mg
- sodium 602 mg
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- fiber 1.4 g
- calcium 392 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta in a Dutch oven according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
Preheat oven to 375°.
Combine breadcrumbs and 1 tablespoon Asiago cheese. Set aside.
Gradually whisk milk into flour in a medium saucepan until smooth; add butter, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Add processed cheese, whisking until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
Stir cheese sauce, Havarti cheese, and 3 tablespoons Asiago cheese into pasta until blended. Pour into a 2-quart oval casserole coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture.
Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.