The dish looks delicious, I want to try some of that one of these days. www.gourmandia.com and www.gourmetrecipe.com also have attractive recipes that you’ll surely love!
Baked Sheepshead on Hoppin' John
Sheepshead is a local game fish. You may substitute any firm white fish.
Yield: Makes about 8 servings
- 8 (6-ounce) sheepshead or grouper fillets (about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Lemon-Herb Butter, softened
- Hoppin' John
- Garnish: fresh basil sprigs
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper; spread 2 tablespoons Lemon-Herb Butter on each fillet. Place fish on a lightly greased jellyroll pan. Bake at 400º for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve over Hoppin' John. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note