- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti or linguine, broken in half
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- 8 ounces shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cream sherry
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced bok choy
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup panko (coarse, dry) breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- calories 505
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- fat 12.7 g
- satfat 4.5 g
- monofat 3.4 g
- polyfat 2.6 g
- protein 32.6 g
- carbohydrate 60.5 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 65 mg
- iron 8.1 mg
- sodium 936 mg
- calcium 92 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well.
Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add red bell pepper strips and mushrooms; sauté 2 minutes. Add chicken, ginger, and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in soy sauce; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
Combine broth and cornstarch, stirring well with a whisk. Add broth mixture to pan, and cook 2 minutes or until mixture is slightly thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in sherry, vinegar, and crushed red pepper. Add pasta, bok choy, green onions, and 2 teaspoons sesame seeds to pan, tossing well to combine. Spoon pasta mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray.
Combine breadcrumbs, butter, and remaining sesame seeds; sprinkle evenly over pasta mixture. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until breadcrumbs begin to brown.