- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4.5-ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 8 ounces rotini, cooked
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make It
Cook first 3 ingredients in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain and return to skillet.
Stir in tomatoes and next 7 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes. Stir in rotini and cheese. Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.