Baked Rockfish or Striped Bass
- 4 slice(s) bacon
- 1 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 4 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 whole rockfish (striped bass), cleaned and gutted (about 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 6 medium white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Place fish in large covered casserole or ovenproof pot. Make 3 to 4 diagonal slices through the skin but not quite to the backbone. Wrap bacon around the fish, covering the slashes.
- 3. Place potatoes and onions to the side of the fish, and sprinkle salt and pepper over all. Add enough water to come up on two-thirds of the side of the fish.
- 4. Cover the pan and bake until fish is flaking and almost done, about 45 minutes. Uncover, turn up oven to 375 degrees and bake about 15 minutes to brown the bacon.
- 5. To serve, quarter the fish and place each serving on a plate. Divide the potatoes and onions among the plates, and pour the pan juices over the fish and vegetables.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note