Baked Rigatoni with Brussels Sprouts, Figs, and Blue Cheese
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil more for pan
- 8 ounce(s) rigatoni cooked
- 4 ounce(s) blue cheese or fontina grated
- 6-8 piece(s) dried figs chopped
- 1/4 can(s) chopped almonds garnish
- 1. Heat the oven to 400°F. Grease a 9 × 13-inch baking pan with a little olive oil. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it. Add the pasta and cook it halfway through (start checking after 3 minutes; it should still be quite firm inside). Add the Brussels sprouts to the pot and cook, until the pasta and vegetables are just barely tender, another 3 minutes. Drain, reserving some of the cooking water, and return the pasta and Brussels sprouts to the pot.
- 2. Stir in the blue cheese, figs, the 2 tablespoons oil, and a splash of the cooking water. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss, and taste and adjust the seasoning. Turn the pasta mixture into the prepared pan.
- 3. Bake, checking once or twice and adding a bit more of the cooking water if the pasta looks too dry, until the mixture is bubbling, 15 to 20 minutes. Garnish with chopped almonds and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by abautrey and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baked Rigatoni with Brussels Sprouts, Figs, and Blue Cheese Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes