The rice turned out well. Following the recipe, though, I thought it was a little bland. So, it's a good start but needs isometric modifications.
Baked Rice (Arroz al Horno)
Traditional in Valencia, baked rice is delicious with pork or chicken.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2/3 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 107
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 261mg
- Calcium: 11mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shiitake mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked Arborio or other short-grain rice
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed saffron threads
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat olive oil in a 2-quart ovenproof saucepan. Add mushrooms and onion; cook 5 minutes. Add rice, broth, salt, and saffron; bring to a boil. Wrap handle of pan with foil; cover and transfer pan to oven. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Add parsley and thyme.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables