- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked regular rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How to Make It
Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet; add rice and onion. Cook over medium heat until rice is lightly browned. Add chicken broth; stir well.
Melt butter in a small skillet. Sauté mushrooms in butter about 5 minutes. Stir into rice mixture. Add salt; stir well.
Cover, and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.