Baked Provolone with Tomatoes, Marjoram, and Balsamic
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 1/4-inch-thick rounds provolone cheese
- 1 medium tomato (about 8 oz.), cored and cut into small dice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh marjoram or oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 450°F.
- Arrange four 5- to 6-inch individual shallow gratin dishes on a rimmed baking sheet. Put 1 round of provolone in each dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato, garlic, oil, marjoram, 1/4 tsp. salt, and a few grinds of pepper. Divide the tomato mixture among the four gratin dishes, scattering it over and around the cheese. Bake until the cheese is slightly melted, about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle each serving with 1/4 tsp. of the balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.
- nutrition information (per serving):
- Calories (kcal): 310; Fat (g): 24; Fat Calories (kcal): 220; Saturated Fat (g): 14; Protein (g): 20; Monounsaturated Fat (g): 8; Carbohydrates (g): 3; Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 1; Sodium (mg): 750; Cholesterol (mg): 55; Fiber (g): 0;
- photo: Scott Phillips
- From Fine Cooking 112 , pp. 48
- July 7, 2011
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baked Provolone with Tomatoes, Marjoram, and Balsamic Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers