Baked Potatoes with Corn and Crema Mexicana
Look for crema Mexicana--similar in taste and consistency to crème fraîche--in the ethnic section of your grocery. Or substitute sour cream.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 stuffed potato)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 240
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 6.4g
- Carbohydrate: 47.1g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 6.3mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 267mg
- Calcium: 56mg
- 6 medium baking potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 tablespoons crema Mexicana
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork, and bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool potatoes slightly.
- Cook cumin seeds in a small skillet over medium heat 1 minute or until toasted. Combine cumin seeds and next 6 ingredients (through garlic) in a medium bowl; stir well.
- Split potatoes lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side. Spoon 1/4 cup corn mixture into each potato. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon crema Mexicana.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baked Potatoes with Corn and Crema Mexicana Recipe at a Glance