This soup is delicious...very easy to make. My family loved it!!! I did use a small amount of flour gravy mix to make the soup a little thicker.
Baked Potato Soup
- 5 large baking potatoes, baked
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Peel potatoes, and coarsely mash with a fork.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add onion, and sauté until tender. Add flour, stirring until smooth. Stir in potatoes, half-and-half, and next 3 ingredients; cook over low heat until thoroughly heated. Top each serving with cheese and bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews