My Family LOVED it!!!
Baked Potato Soup
This family-pleaser is the popular loaded and stuffed baked potato...soup style!
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2/3 cup butter or margerine
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 cups milk
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 (12-oz.) pkg. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/4 cups (5-oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: additional shredded Cheddar cheese, cooked and crumbled bacon, sliced green onions
- Bake potatoes at 400° for one hour on until done; cool. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp and reserve. Discard shells.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over low heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Cook one minute, stirring constantly. Gradually whisk in milk; cook over medium heat 10 minutes, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in potato pulp and green onions; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add bacon and next 4 ingredients; stir until cheese melts. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note