Baked Potato Skins
- 3 organic russet potatoes
- 3 slice(s) of bacon
- light sour cream
- grated cheddar cheese
- green onions, chopped
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1.Rinse and scrub the potatoes, removing any bad spots.
- 2.Pat them dry.
- 3.Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for an hour, or until the potatoes are tender.
- 4.(You should be able to cut into the potatoes with a table knife.)
- 5.Let the potatoes cool for 5-10 minutes so that you can handle them.
- 6.Cut the potatoes in half and scoop out most of the flesh of the potatoes.
- 7.Put the flesh of the potatoes in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for another use.
- 8.Cook the bacon on the stove top or in the microwave. We usually place ours on a plate covered with paper towels and cook it in the microwave for roughly two minutes on each side. The paper towels absorb the excess grease.
- 9.Once the bacon is cooked, break it into small chunks.
- 10.Brush each side of the potato skins with oil and lightly season the skins with salt and pepper (a pinch of salt and pepper for each potato skin).
- 11.Place the potato skins flesh side down a baking sheet and bake them for 5 minutes at 400 degrees.
- 12.Flip the skins over and sprinkle the tops of the potato skins with grated cheese, feta cheese (if desired) and bacon chunks.
- 13.Bake them at 400 degrees until the cheese is melted.
- 14.Remove the potato skins from the oven and finish loading them with chopped green onions, sour cream, salsa, guacamole or any other toppings of your choice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Delacy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baked Potato Skins Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables