- 6 (1/2-inch-thick) Boston Butt pork steaks (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons shortening, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup regular rice, uncooked
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
How to Make It
Brown pork steaks on both sides in hot shortening in a large skillet; drain steaks, reserving pan drippings in skillet. Sprinkle steaks on both sides with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Add rice to pan drippings; cook over medium heat 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring constantly. Add chicken broth, onion, and poultry seasoning to rice; stir well. Pour rice mixture into a well-greased 3-quart casserole; place pork steaks on top of rice mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Serve hot.