Baked Porgy w/Basil
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 whl porgies or possibly scup - (3/4 lb ea) scaled, finned,
- gills removed, and cleaned
- 3 Tbsp. margarine
- 3 Tbsp. chopped shallots or possibly green onions
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 c. dry white wine
- 3 Tbsp. minced fresh basil - (20 leaves)
- (or possibly 1 1/2 tbspns dry basil)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Use a cooking spray or possibly coat the bottom of a baking panbaking pan with vegetable oil. Spread shallots or possibly green onions in the baking pan. With a sharp knife make several slits along the sides of each porgyporgy. Place fish on the bed of onions and sprinkle with salt and minced basil. Set aside for approximately 5 min to mix flavors.
- Pour wine over the fish and dot the fish with the margarine. Cover with foil and bake for 10 to 15 min till the fish flesh turns opaque and begins to flake.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by aldagl and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baked Porgy w/Basil Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes