The kids love these and actually choose them over regular French fries. Much healthier alternative to standard fried versions.
Baked Pommes Frites
These "fries" are easy to assemble and can bake in the oven while the chicken cooks on the stovetop.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 4 wedges)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 195
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 38.3g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 209mg
- Calcium: 16mg
- 3 medium potatoes (about 2 pounds), each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine potatoes and olive oil in a large bowl; toss well to coat. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 35 minutes or until golden brown, turning 2 times.
- Combine thyme, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle potatoes evenly with thyme mixture; toss to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baked Pommes Frites Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables