Very good side dish for ham! Some versions of this dish call for up to 1 cup of sugar, and a stick of butter. This recipe is healthier, and still tastes great. Very easy to make, too.
Serve this favorite dish with ham, pork, chicken, or turkey or at a brunch.
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
- 2 (20-ounce) cans pineapple chunks in heavy syrup
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 (8-ounce) block Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 38 round buttery crackers, crushed (1 sleeve)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Drain pineapple chunks, reserving 1/2 cup syrup.
- Sprinkle flour over pineapple chunks in a medium bowl, and toss to combine. Spread pineapple mixture evenly into a lightly greased 8-inch-square baking dish. Drizzle with reserved 1/2 cup syrup. Top evenly with cheese and cracker crumbs; drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until browned. Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Ritz crackers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note