Baked Pimiento Cheese Dip
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours
- 1 (10-oz.) block sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10-oz.) block extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 small onion, finely grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (4-oz.) jars diced pimiento, drained
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Toss together cheeses and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Add half of bacon, onion, and remaining ingredients; stir well to blend. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with remaining half of bacon.
- 2. Cover and cook on Low 2 to 3 hours or until melted and bubbly. Serve warm with crackers.
- Note: We tested with Cracker Barrel Sharp and Extra Sharp Cheddar cheeses.
The addition of cornstarch to classic pimiento cheese helps to keep the oil from separating when the dip is heated. You may want to give the dip a quick stir before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note