Baked Penne w/ Chicken & Sun-dried tomatoes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 tablespoon(s) butter
- salt & pepper
- 1 pound(s) penne rigate
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 16 ounce(s) chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 4 clove(s) garlic
- 6 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 cup(s) sun-dried tomatoes oil-packed
- 6 ounce(s) provolone
- 1 cup(s) parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400. Butter two shallow 2-quart baking dishes. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 3 minutes short of al dente; drain pasta, and return to pot.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper; cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Halve each piece lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise.
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy pot, melt butter over medium. Add flour and garlic; cook, whisking, 1 minute. While whisking, gradually add milk; bring to a simmer, whisking frequently. Add mushrooms and tomatoes; cook 1 minute. Off heat, gradually stir in provolone and 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Add chicken and pasta to pot; season with salt and pepper. Divide pasta mixture between baking dishes; sprinkle each with cup Parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered, until top is golden and bubbling, about 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Supermom7738 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baked Penne w/ Chicken & Sun-dried tomatoes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes