my family enjoys this meal
Baked Penne Rigate
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 jar(s) of your favorite Marinara Sauce
- 1 jar(s) of your Favorite Alfredo Sauce
- 1 can(s) tomato paste
- 1 box(es) Penne Rigate Pasta
- 4 cup(s) mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon(s) oregano
- 2 tablespoon(s) basil
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) black pepper
- Fist a few side notes regarding the above ingredients,
- Feel free to use mostacholi noodles instead of the Penne (I just like the texture of a penne noodle better)
- You can also add some parmesan cheese to the top after you have browned the Mozzarella
- and Finally you can also add garlic or garlic salt for more taste (my family just hates it UGH)
- Ok so, Pre heat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and then follow directions below-
- Step 1-Boil your noodles as specified by the package
- Step 2- in a large bowl add your sauces and paste
- Steps 3- add seasoning, here is the tricky part I don’t really measure it out I just go by taste. But if I had to guess it would be about 2 tablespoons of Basil, 1 table spoon oregano, half a tablespoon of pepper and a teaspoon of salt. Like I said though you just kind of have to taste it as you add the seasonings, to make sure it’s to your liking.
- Step 4- Strain noodles then add them to the sauce, take special care to fully mix it all
- Steps 5- in a large baking dish add your first layer covering the bottom
- Step 6- add a layer of mozzarella cheese, about 1 to 1-1/2 cups
- Step 7- add the last of your noodles/ sauce to your dish
- Step 8- Top the dish off with the rest of your mozzarella
- Step 9- bake for about 25 to 30 minutes depending on your oven (be sure to check at 20 to prevent burning of your cheese and also would be a good time to add your parm if you have chosen to do so.
- Step 10- Remove from oven when the cheese has browned
- Steps 11- ENJOY!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by smashlee87 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note