- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Cinnamon, Saigon
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Nutmeg, Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Cloves, Ground
- 4 firm ripe pears, such as Bosc or Anjou, halved and cored
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400° F. Mix sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in small bowl. Place pear halves, cut-side up, in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Drizzle with melted butter. Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture.
Bake 30 minutes or until pears are tender, spooning brown sugar mixture over pears halfway through baking. Cool slightly.
Bring cream just to boil in small saucepan on medium heat. Remove from heat. Add white chocolate; stir until chocolate is melted and sauce is smooth.
To serve, place a pear half on each of 8 dessert plates. Stir brown sugar mixture in baking dish. Spoon over pear halves. Sprinkle with almonds and cranberries. Drizzle generously with white chocolate sauce. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip: Stir 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Saigon Cinnamon into the white chocolate sauce.
This recipe was created by Cat Cora, Bon Appetit Executive Chef, for the McCormick® Gourmet Collection.
Nutrition information per serving
Fat: 17 g
Cholesterol: 32 mg
Protein: 3 g
Sodium: 65 mg
Carbohydrates: 54 g
Fiber: 5 g