Southern Living FEBRUARY 2008
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place slivered almonds in a shallow pan, and bake 4 to 5 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring after 2 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 375°.
2. Peel pears, and cut 1 inch off stem end. Remove core from stem end, and scoop out about 2 Tbsp. pulp from top of each pear, using a small spoon, to form a cup. Cut about 1/4 inch from bottom of pears, forming a flat base. Place pears in an 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
3. Combine honey and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Heat over medium low heat until warm. Stir in toasted almonds and cranberries.
4. Spoon honey mixture into pears. Pour orange juice into baking dish.
5. Bake, covered with aluminum foil, at 375° for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 more minutes. Sprinkle each pear with 1 Tbsp. Oatmeal Streusel Topping.
Go to full version of