Not sweet enough for anyone. Doesn't have a whole lot of taste. There are other baked pear recipes that are out there that are better.
Baked Pears With Oatmeal Streusel Topping
Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Buffy Hargett
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 6 Bosc pears
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Oatmeal Streusel Topping
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place slivered almonds in a shallow pan, and bake 4 to 5 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring after 2 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 375°.
- 2. Peel pears, and cut 1 inch off stem end. Remove core from stem end, and scoop out about 2 Tbsp. pulp from top of each pear, using a small spoon, to form a cup. Cut about 1/4 inch from bottom of pears, forming a flat base. Place pears in an 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
- 3. Combine honey and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Heat over medium low heat until warm. Stir in toasted almonds and cranberries.
- 4. Spoon honey mixture into pears. Pour orange juice into baking dish.
- 5. Bake, covered with aluminum foil, at 375° for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 more minutes. Sprinkle each pear with 1 Tbsp. Oatmeal Streusel Topping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This