- 4 cups peeled, sliced fresh peaches
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Chablis or other dry white wine
- Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- Sweetened whipped cream
How to Make It
Place peaches in a 1 1/2-quart casserole; dot with butter. Combine sugar, water, wine, lemon rind and juice, and mace; mix well. Pour over peaches.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until peaches are tender. Spoon into individual serving dishes using a slotted spoon. Dollop with sweetened whipped cream.