Baked Pasta with Roasted Red Peppers and Sweet Sausage
Community Recipe from
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 pound(s) cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 4 cup(s) favorite marinara sauce
- 1 12 oz jar roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained, and finely choppe
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- A handful of freshly chopped parsley and basil
- 1 pound(s) penne pasta
- 1 cup(s) freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup(s) Grated Italian Cheeses (grocery store mix)
- 1/2 6 OZ bag of arugula
- In a large, deep flameproof casserole, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the sausage meat, breaking up the meat with a spoon, for about 5 minutes, or until no pinkness remains. Drain off the fat. Add the mushrooms and saute for 4 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the marinara sauce and red peppers, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the sauce begins to thicken. Add the cream, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the sauce begins to thicken. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Add the chopped parsley and basil. Stir.
- Preheat the oven to 375. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with vegetable spray Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water, add the pasta, and cook over high heat for 10 to 11 minutes, or until al dente. Drain well.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cheeses. Combine the pasta with the sauce in the pot. Add 1 cup of the blended cheeses and the arugula leaves, mixing well to combine. (If you like cheese, add more, just save some for the top of the pasta. I’ll be honest- I used more cheese for the top.)
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish and evenly sprinkle with the remaining blended cheeses. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the sauce begins to bubble and the cheese is slightly browned. Feeds 6 to 8 people, very generously.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Manasota and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baked Pasta with Roasted Red Peppers and Sweet Sausage Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes