Baked Parmesan-Romano Chicken Drumsticks
Adapted from Martha Stewart Living magazine. You can use a whole cut-up chicken, or an equivalent (3 1/2 - 4 pounds) of chicken parts on the bone (drumsticks, thighs, etc.). Skin can be on or off, whatever your preference is. If you don't have romano cheese, just double the parmesan cheese.
Yield: 4 servings
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 whole(s) garlic clove minced
- 3-4 pound(s) chicken parts bone in
- 1 cup(s) breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup(s) grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) grated romano cheese
- 2 tablespoon(s) flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1. Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar (add an extra tablespoon), salt, red pepper, oregano and garlic in a baking dish. Add the chicken to marinate in the dish, turning each piece to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, up to 8 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400.
- 3. Stir together the breadcrumbs, cheeses, parsley and pepper in a medium bowl. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Oil the lining by hand or with cooking spray.
- 4. Dredge each piece of chicken in the breadcrumb mixture to coat; shake off excess. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- 5. Bake chicken until breadcrumbs are golden and chicken is cooked through. It should take 40 minutes if you are just using the drumsticks or thighs, 45-50 minutes if you are using the whole chicken.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKSchirmeier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baked Parmesan-Romano Chicken Drumsticks Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes