Baked Oysters Florentine
Howard L. Puckett
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Pernod
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 36 fresh oysters (in the shell)
- Rock salt
- Cook and drain spinach. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute or until tender. Stir in spinach and parsley; gradually add Pernod, next 4 ingredients, and, if desired, salt. Remove spinach mixture from heat, and add Parmesan cheese.
- Scrub oyster shells, and open; discard tops. Loosen meat, but leave it in the bottom shell. Make a bed of rock salt in a 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan, and arrange oysters on the rock salt. Top oysters generously with spinach mixture. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes.
- Alternate cooking method: Oysters may be cooked directly on a grill, covered, for 6 to 8 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note