These onions were absolutely delicous! My company just raved about them. I will make these onions again and again.
More From Southern Living
Stand: 5 Minutes
Bake: 50 Minutes
- 3 (10-oz.) bags Pearl onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 5 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Cook onions in boiling water to cover 3 minutes; drain. Rinse thoroughly under cold running water. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 2. Cut off root end of 1 onion. Using a towel, gently squeeze pointed end of onion toward root end, slipping outer peel off of onion. Discard outer peel. Repeat procedure with remaining onions.
- 3. Melt butter in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet in a 425° oven 5 minutes. Stir in onions.
- 4. Bake onions at 425° for 15 minutes. Stir together wine and next 4 ingredients. Stir wine mixture into onions, and bake 35 to 40 minutes or until caramelized. Stir onions to coat and loosen particles from bottom of skillet.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note