Baked Omelet with Zucchini, Leeks, Feta, and Herbs
This classic Greek dish can be prepared several hours in advance and brought to room temperature before serving. A spoonful of the Smoky Tomato Relish (page 200) makes a suitable condiment.
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 piece)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 60
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fat: 2.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.9g
- Carbohydrate: 6.4g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 154mg
- Calcium: 42mg
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/4 cups thinly sliced leek (about 3 medium)
- 4 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan; add rice. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Place rice in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add leek; cover and cook 12 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan; add leek to rice. Coat pan with cooking spray; increase heat to medium. Add zucchini; cook 6 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan; add zucchini to rice. Add egg substitute and next 5 ingredients (through eggs) to rice mixture; stir until blended.
- Pour egg mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 325° for 35 minutes or until golden brown and set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers