My family loves this oatmeal, I usually double up for my family of 5 so my older kids can take some for school lunch the next day. Thank you so much DonnaJean for such a wonderful recipe!!! :-)
More From Southern Living
Bake: 50 Minutes
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 (18-oz.) container regular oats
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1. Toss 2 cups blueberries in 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, and spread evenly on bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- 2. Combine oats, next 9 ingredients, and remaining 1 Tbsp. lemon juice in a large bowl, stirring until well blended. Pour oat mixture evenly over blueberries.
- 3. Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 20 more minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Apple-Pecan Baked Oatmeal: Place 1/2 cup chopped pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until toasted, stirring once. Omit blueberries and lemon juice. Peel and chop 5 Granny Smith apples. Spread on bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle toasted pecans over apples. Prepare oat mixture as directed, and pour evenly over apples and pecans. Bake as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch