Baked Navy Beans
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- 9 slices bacon, divided
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 (14 1/2-ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 (16-ounce) package dried navy beans, cooked
- Cook 5 slices of bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon, reserving the drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Saute onion in reserved drippings until tender. Add tomatoes, molasses, salt, chili powder, pepper, mustard, and crumbled bacon; cook over medium heat 35 minutes. Combine tomato mixture and beans, stirring gently.
- Spoon beans into a lightly greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish; top with remaining bacon slices. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Serve warm in baking dish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables