Baked Mushroom Chicken
Here's a way to dress up chicken breasts, using fresh mushrooms, green onions and two kinds of cheese. It yields tender and flavorful chicken every time. From Barbara McCalley: Allison Park, Pennsylvania. Recipe published in Taste of Home June/July 2004.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter, divided
- 1 cup(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/3 cup(s) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) sliced green onions
- • Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal and shake to coat.
- • In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in the remaining butter until tender. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Spoon over chicken.
- • Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note