I found it better to dredge the sticks in the dry then milk them, then do that same process over again. It didn't make for really crunchy sticks, but crunchier than they would've been. Overall, great recipe.
Baked Mozzarella Sticks
"I'm always looking for tasty snacks. My new fave is this healthy take on a restaurant treat."
Stephanie Stutz, 35, Largo, Fla.
More From Allyou
Freeze: 1 Hour
- Calories: 244
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 19g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Sodium: 756mg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 4 mozzarella string cheese sticks, halved
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1. Line a small baking sheet with foil and mist lightly with cooking spray. Place milk and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls.
- 2. Dip cheese pieces in milk, rolling to moisten completely. Dredge in bread crumbs to cover entire surface and place on baking sheet. Mist with cooking spray. Freeze for 1 hour.
- 3. Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake mozzarella sticks until bread crumbs are browned and cheese begins to ooze, 6 to 7 minutes. Let stand 3 minutes.
- 4. Microwave marinara sauce in a small bowl until warm, 20 to 30 seconds. Serve with mozzarella sticks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note