Baked Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- all-purpose flour
- 1/2 of 17.3 ounce package pepperidge farm puffy pastry sheets thawed
- 8 thin slices deli black forest ham
- 4 slices deli swiss cheese
- confectioners sugar
- pure maple syrup
- 1.Heat the oven to 400°F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
- 2.Sprinkle the flour on the work suface. Unfold the pastry sheet on the work surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 12-inch square. Cut into 4 (6-inch) squares. Brush the edges of the pastries with the egg mixture.
- 3.With a corner of 1 pastry facing you, place 2 slices ham and 1 slice cheese on the bottom half of the pastry. Fold the pastry over the filling to form a triangle and press the edges to seal. Crimp the edges with a fork. Repeat with the remaining pastries. Brush the pastries with the egg mixture. Place the pastries onto a baking sheet.
- 4.Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Sprinkle the pastries with the confectioners' sugar. Serve with the maple syrup.
- 5.Easy Substitution: For a savory twist, serve with Dijon-style mustard instead of the maple syrup.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Delacy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baked Monte Cristo Sandwiches Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sandwiches