I made this recipe with a few additions of my own, as I thought it would be bland as is. I also added 1/2 lb. sage sausage, used ground chicken instead of beef, added a half package of onion soup mix, worchestershire and a splash of tobasco. They were wonderful. The main ingredients listed are a good starter for the recipe, I just knew that for me, it needed a few extras to make the grade.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine first 7 ingredients; shape into 1-inch balls.
- Combine all-purpose flour, paprika, and salt. Gently roll meatballs in flour mixture, and place on a lightly greased rack in a foil-lined 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Serve with your favorite sauce.
- NOTE: To freeze, cool completely, and seal in an airtight container. To serve, place in a single layer on a baking sheet; bake at 400° for 10 to 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes